Monday, October 15, 2012

Ministry First, Youth Ministry Second

Last Thursday marked one of the most amazing days of my life. In the span of just a few hours I had two amazing encounters with young adults who were part of students ministries I have been a part of in the past. The encounter was a much needed reminder of just the lasting impact we can have on young people, even if in the moment it doesn't feel like anything "special" is happening. God is not necessarily done using us to minister to young people when they leave are programs. I'm sure we all realize this intellectually, but I think a Godly reminder was still in order for my life.

So, a college student asking questions about where God fits in the messiness that is their life and a former special needs student finding my long lost number in an old cell phone some 5 ½ years after I son him last more than made my day. There is nothing profound about this, but I need to say it, we are involved in ministry first, youth ministry second. Me we never again forget how big God is as we think about the specifics of are ministry job description.

No comments:

Post a Comment