Friday, March 22, 2013

Book Review: True North

I don't normally do this...but when I came across one of the best pieces of Christian literature that no one has heard of, I felt that I just had to share it.

Picture this...Crazy Love if it were written by Christian Counselors; I think that is the best way to describe True North.  When I first became aware of this book several months ago, I saw it's paradigms as a great tool for those in ministry who -like the vast majority - are not trained mental health practitioners but find themselves often counseling others.  It didn't take me long to realize that this book was so much more than that.

If your like me, you are often convicted when you read the spiritual classics which call the body of Christ to a deeper relationship with their LORD and savior.  If you are like me, you find yourself asking "now what?"  What makes True North such a great gift to believers is that it practically points us in the direction of personal holiness.  I would suggest reading this book along side such works as A Testament of Devotion, A Plain Account of Christian Perfection, The Imitation of God, and The Practice of the Presence of God.  This works light a passion in us for closer communion with God and True North shows us how to move in the right direction.

Here's the bottom line, True North is a must read for every Christ follower serious about true discipleship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment