Friday, July 25, 2014

Book Review: The Sticky Faith Guide for Your Family

I had the honor of getting a sneak pick of Kara Powell's newest Sticky Faith resource. Here is my review of the product.

As a parent of three and an employee of a local church congregation I have been a believer of Kara Powell and Fuller Youth Institute's Sticky Faith Cohort for quite some time.  I believe the movement successfully addresses the problems causing young people to step away from the Christian faith after high school.  The challenge has been how to take the information and flesh out practical application for specific families.  This book has masterfully addressed this challenge.  Kara Powell compiles and lays out wonderful ideas for fostering “sticky faith” within the home.  Some will fit your context beautifully, some will clearly miss the mark, and that’s OK.  Powell wisely suggests that the reader attempt to incorporate five or less suggestions from the book.  What makes this book so wonderful – the best Sticky faith resource to date, in my opinion - is that you are sure to find yourself with realistic, helpful sticky faith ideas to try with your own children.  This is a resource I will be passing on to families in my church -both as a book, and specific ideas within the book, and using in my own home.  If you only read one book about Christian parenting, read The Sticky Faith Guide for Your Family.  


Pre-order the book here or here 

No comments:

Post a Comment