Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Remembering Pastor Riley: Because Everybody Loves a Story!

Remembering Pastor Riley

Here are two quick stories about Pastor Riley that 1) share his heart and 2) I will never forget.

In 2011 while we were considering changing the number of worship services, their times, and offering Sunday school independent of any worship services Pastor Riley shared something that I will never forget.  Pastor Riley stated something along the lines of “there are children in this church who don’t know who I am!”  I looked into that man’s eyes folks, and let me tell you something, that reality broke his heart!  His lament shared two of the passions of his heart, that children are important to him and that he longed to have relationships with all of our children.

On Sunday, June 1, 2014 when I saw Pastor Riley come off the stage during a song, pick up a dancing four year old, and dance with her-I saw his longing fulfilled!  RUMC has become a place where the pastor is not a stranger, but a friend of our children!  Just as important, RUMC has become a place where worship is a comfortable place for our young people.  Praise God! 

I thank God for the legacy of Pastor Riley, and I think God for the coming of Pastor Bremer.  He too is a man who loves God and who loves Children.  We have a very bright, and a very “sticky” future ahead of us, one that includes our beloved Children.


Amen- me it be so!   

No comments:

Post a Comment